Monday, December 21, 2009

The Mother of All Goals

We are rapidly approaching the time for New Year's Resolutions.  I don't go all out and resolve to loose fifty pounds or workout everyday or read Kafka or apply to medical school.  Been there, done that.  All those are good things, but now I use the New Year time more as an opportunity to recheck and realign my plan.  What worked this year? What didn't work this year?  Is my plan getting me closer to the Mother of All Goals.

What, you ask, is the MAG?  I'm so glad you asked.  It is to be the Captain of My Day.  Or Major.  Or Rear Admiral.  What-have-you.  I want the financial freedom to spend my day drinking spiced rum and watching Battlestar Galactica reruns.  Or spend five hours a day training for the synchronized knitting trials (I'll beat those damn Kenyans).  Or learning to speak proper English.  You get the picture. 

Hopefully, I will use my freedom for something worthwhile.  Maybe not.  Either way, I will be the one who decides.  Now, pass me the rum and frak off.

No comments: