Thursday, January 28, 2010

A Brave New World...or things that make me sick....

Pregnancy has brought radical change to our household.  My husband is working longer hours and I'm not working any at all.  Well, that is not entirely true.  I'm not working outside the house, but I have quite a few projects that I am working on. 

My picture perfect goals have jumped track.  That is not a bad thing, just means that I have to do a major realignment.  That and wash the dishes.  OMG, do I have morning sickness or what?!  Between bouts of nausea, I applied as an editor at BellaOnline and submitted my first article at Constant Content.  If you are a writer and haven't checked out that site, stop what you are doing and go right now.  Pushy, ain't I?

The accounting goals are temporarily on the back burner.  My husband wants me to be a stay-at-home mom.  That is fine with me, but I have to DO something.  So, this is the perfect opportunity for me to concentrate on my writing.  The first drafts of which I'm doing longhand.  Why?  I'm glad you asked.  Let me refer you to the list of things that make me sick:

1. Being on the computer for longer than ten minutes - must be something with my sensitive inner ear, weird
2. Almost all meat - apparently the little tyke is a vegetarian, thanks
3. Pears - huh?
4. Smells - this runs in the family, my Papa says that my Nana can still smell the frankincense and myrhh from the first Christmas
5. Being in a car - inner ear
6. Lying down - indigestion
7. Standing up - ?
8. Eating
9. Not eating
10. blah, blah, blah

Oh, the joys of the first trimester.  I've heard that it gets better around week 14.  I'm in week 8 *sobs unconsolably*.  I'm such a wussy.

But, I am very grateful for this baby, nauseaus vegetarian and all.

On the upside, both reading and writing take my mind off of everything else, so I'm doing a lot more of each.  Happy Thursday, everyone!!!

No comments: